Saturday, October 16, 2010

ZAPPANALE REVISITED - WHERE THE FUCK WAS NAPOLEON MURPHY BROCK

I think that most of you know that I'm a big Zappanale fan.
It has been two months ago, and I'm still talking about it
:-)

There's one good reason for it: it's the best music festival that I know.
You get a lot of bands, the best audience, different kinds of interestig music, and a healthy dose of Zappa music.

In the same fine tradition, each year, the Arf Society (who organises the Zappanale festival) invites a number of Zappa alumni to Bad Doberan.
This year, we had the pleasure to see and hear Ike Willis, Ray White, Robert Martin, Denny Walley and Napoleon Murphy Brock.
Most of them could be found on stage with various bands during the festival.
LeBocal, The Muffin Man, The Central Scrutinizer Band, Zappatika, Don Condor, ...
One remark, however, has to be made: "Where the fuck was Napoleon?".

I saw Napoleon in Hamburg with the Ensemble Ambrosius, and he appeared again with the same ensemble in Bad Doberan (each time for a couple of tunes), but did anybody see him performing with any of the other bands???

I did see him walking around, posing for pictures, but I would have liked to see him on stage!!

I know that the Arf Society puts a lot of effort in getting these alumni to the festival.
I find it a shame that one of them takes the invitation, but only takes the stage with one band!

Pretty disapointing, mister Brock.

1 comment:

  1. The organization asked to play Filthy Habits Ensemble with NMB but when El Pricto approached to Napoleon to concrete his appereance, the attitude of Napi was not cooperative in any way.
    Sad.

    Javier.

    ReplyDelete