Thursday, October 14, 2010

MIKE KENEALLY UPDATE 2010 10 14

from The Keneallist

Leaving for Joe Satriani tour today!
Live MK video chat on October 20!
Evidence of Humanity reviews begin!
Holland piano performances!

Satriani Tour

Hey gang, hey there pals of mine. This afternoon I leave for Europe for six weeks on the first leg of the Joe Satriani tour. I'm very delighted to be touring again and looking forward to seeing bunches of you at the shows. The US legs of the tour are coming up in December and January. I hear rumblings of possible additional touring with Joe next year; we'll let you know when/if anything firms up. Our warm-up show in Napa last week was an insane amount of fun (even the fire alarm going off and the room needing to be evacuated after the sixth song was kind of exciting) and I really enjoy everybody in the band and crew-- I am so looking forward to this. So far the most asked question is am I playing guitar in this band-- nope! I am the keyboardist, bro (and/or sis), and loving it.

Live video chat

One of the things I'll be doing during the next few months of touring is live webcam broadcasts via Ustream, and the first one will be on Wednesday, October 20 at 9 p.m. UK time (10 p.m. Europe time, 4 p.m. Eastern time, 1 p.m. Pacific time). The web address for the Keneally channel is http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mike-keneally.
If you register with Ustream you'll be able to type me questions in real time, and then look at and listen to me as I answer these questions in real time. If you don't register, you can still watch. Please join me for the first installment of something I hope to make a regular (perhaps monthly) event. We'll be back in touch to remind you of the date and time before it happens-- this first webcast will be more geared to European time coordinates-- when I get back to the States, the timing will be more convenient for US viewers.

MK Vai Piano in Holland

As you know, I have to bust off from the Satch tour for the Glasgow and Birmingham shows (Jem Godfrey will be holding down the fort for me while I'm gone) in order to play my Steve Vai piano arrangements at the Groningen Steve Vai Festival-- three tunes from Vai Piano Reductions Vol. 1, and three from the yet-to-be-recorded Vol. 2. I ran all six tunes in a row for the first time yesterday and, thank goodness, I know them all. As I've shared with you in the past, putting together these Vai piano arrangements always end up being the most painfully challenging musical projects I involve myself with, but I've got them down now to the point where I can actually play them and have fun with them. So these gigs are going to be good, I think. I'll also be playing the arrangements on a radio program with Steve recorded before a live audience happening in the Oosterport Small Hall on Saturday, October 23 at 1 p.m., to be broadcast on Radio 6 at 11 p.m. on December 6 and 13, 2010.

Evidence of Humanity shipping now

And you! Have you ordered Evidence of Humanity yet? Come on! You'll love it, trust me! Here's a new review you might like to check out at Slant Magazine-- pretty darn sweet (although I like Vai's composing a lot more than this journalist does, he's clearly got a head on his shoulders).

I need to pack and stuff and things! See you on the road!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment