Wednesday, February 29, 2012

HUMBLE GRUMBLE - FLANDERS FIELDS




Last week, Humble Grumble did a couple of performances in Belgium and Holland. I went to see them in Sint-Niklaas, and it was a blast.
The band has been performing and recording for almost fifteen years and although the band resides in Ghent (which only is a one-hour drive from where I live), I had never seen them in concert before. I guess they just don't do that many concerts, or maybe the announcements never made it to the United Mutations Headquarters.


At the Sint-Niklaas concert, the band mostly played songs from their latest album, "Flanders Fields". The concert was great, and so is the album.
Humble Grumble has the ability to mix different musical styles and genres. Some might say that this makes them sound zappa-esque. Others, however, might add that they just make excellent music.


Excellent stuff. And fun.


http://www.humblegrumble.com/


The band will be performing at the next edition of the Zappanale festival.
I know where I'll be...

No comments:

Post a Comment