Monday, October 7, 2024

DON PRESTON'S EUROPEAN TOUR

We went to see Don Preston in concert about a week ago.
At De Bosuil in Weert, NL.
It was fantastic.

Here's a picture by Moa Boot.

Don played some of his original tunes next to pieces by other composers, not forgetting Frank Zappa, of course.

Contemporary stuff, jazz, blues, Zappa,... and some hilarious improv with his wife Tina.
The perfect mix. I loved it.

Don had brought 3 of his CD's to the merch table.
No new material, and just the CD's in a paper sleeve, but I thought it was a great way to get his music out to those who weren't familiar with it.
At 5 euro a piece, these were a bargain.
(a pity that my copy of "Io Landscapes" is giving a 'blank disc' error, but I assume it's the same version as the copy I have on the shelf somewhere.)


"Hear Me Out"
"Io Landscapes"

"Vile Foamy Ectoplasm"

I was told that Don played a longer set at some of his other concerts.
Probably due to the fact that he was sharing the bill with The Others Of Invention in Weert.
Those guys and girls also did a fine job.


No comments:

Post a Comment