Saturday, January 13, 2024

LAMP OF THE UNIVERSE - KALEIDOSCOPE MIND

  • lamp of the universe: kaleidoscope mind
        (2023, cd, --, sound effect records)
I had never heard of Lamp Of The Universe, so I was happy to give "Kaleidoscope Mind" a try.

The Bandcamp page adds:
New Zealand Multi-instrumentalist and Psychedelic guru Craig Williamson returns with an album of classic Lamp of Universe tunes. Full of artifacts from the original era, including Mellotron, fuzz guitar, Sitar, swirling effects and trippy vocal harmonies, this album touches the Psychedelic Psoul.

I was afraid that this would be too trippy for my taste, but I couldn't be more wrong.
This is perfect for a Saturday morning (or any other relaxing moment of the day).

My pal Danny added that this is Lamp Of The Universe's 13th album. He'll probably also say that I should be ashamed that I wasn't familiar with Lamp Of The Universe...


No comments:

Post a Comment