Thursday, January 25, 2024

FRESNO BOB - ESTIMATED PROPHETS

  • Fresno Bob: Estimated Prophets
        (2023, cd, Italy, the swamp records)
        (2023, download / streaming, --, bandcamp)
Fresno Bob’s “Estimated Prophets (2023)” album included a piece entitled
“A Cynical Point Of View (Frank Zappa)’.

Bandcamp explained:
Fresno Bob is a solo project featuring a heavily distorted bass and dirty drums with voice samples taken from interviews with legendary outsiders.

The album was made available on CD, on cassette, and as a digital download / streaming album on Bandcamp.

A CYNICAL POINT OF VIEW (FRANK ZAPPA)
“I take a very simple point of view, i think that being cynical is a positive value, i think that nobody should trust anybody else, I think that all people are assholes until proven different and I think that if you take that point of view you ‘ll be disappointed less in life. Don’t expect friends, don’t expect fun, don’t expect a good life, don’t expect anything and if you get something is a bonus.”—"I think that lot of what I’m doing is space time reporting, I see something and I report what I’ve seen based on my point of view. My point of view is not a normal point of view and I tell people about what I see, they can agree with it, they can say is bullshit, however, I don’t care.”


No comments:

Post a Comment