Sunday, May 21, 2023

TOM WRIGHT - 5 X 2

  • tom wright: 5 x 2
        (2020, cd, usa, private release)
Tom Wright plays the mandolin. A five strings times two mandolin.
On his "5 x 2" album, Tom performs a beautiful selection of pieces. Unaccompanied. Just Tom on his mandolin.

As Tom explains in the liner notes:
In this collection of tues the music ranges from boroque, to Brazilian choro, to contemporary classical, to fingerstyle guitar, and a Beatles songs concludes the album.

The reason that I bought this album was because of Tom's rendition of FZ's 'Twenty Small Cigars', which sounds amazing.
I know that I mentioned this album about a month ago, but I received the actual CD last week and I just had to bring it to your attention it again.
An excellent album.
Check it out !



No comments:

Post a Comment