Saturday, January 14, 2023

EIDON - ME 'ND JEFF

In the liner notes for this digital track release, Eidon says:

I didn't know Frank Zappa or his music, when he died. But now I know and love Frank's music; and I feel like I've lost too many an opportunity: never met him, never watched him live; and even more than that, I never had the chance to talk to him, about music and all. Not that he would have cared. I would have, though; very, very much.

Why am I saying this now? Well, Jeff Beck has left us, you know. And it's the same. That same mistake again. I don't know Jeff Beck, don't know his music. But I know that it's my loss. The end. Too late. The only way now will be to get to know what I have lost and, if I can, learn a bit what I have missed. It will be like talking to him, or more precisely as writing him letters, as people used to do long ago. Letters that were written without knowing how long would have taken for those thoughts to reach the destinee.

Or if they would ever reach them.

I will start with this one, called "Me 'nd Jeff".


No comments:

Post a Comment