Saturday, June 20, 2015

VARIOUS ARTISTS - WEASELS RE-RIPPED



This little package took a bit over a month to arrive, but I'm glad it did.
Andrew Greenaway compiled another fine album. This time, some of Andrew's favourite bands re-recorded Frank Zappa's "Weasels Ripped My Flesh" album.
Fond memories, as "Weasels" was the first Zappa / Mothers album that I ever heard.
It was 1980. A friend told me to check it out so I borrowed it from the local library. I went back for "Burnt Weeny Sandwich" the next week...

"Weasels Re-Ripped" has a great concept. The various artists / bands / ensembles don't just try to reproduce the music. Each and everyone of them did put something special with the original piece.

This is really good.

The album got released on Alan Jenkins' Cordelia record label. You can get it from the Cordelia website.
http://www.cordeliarecords.co.uk/Pages/New%20Things.html

More info and audio snippets at:
http://www.idiotbastard.com/Weasels.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment