Sunday, September 2, 2012

THE RESIDENTS - DEMONIC ! LIVE IN OSLO !


  • the residents: demonic ! - the residents live in oslo
        (2012, 2cd + dvd, usa, rz)
Following The Residents and their various releases is turning out to be a full-time job... It has only been a week or two since "Lying Horse Rock" and here's "Demonic !  Live In Oslo !".
As the title suggests this album brings us the February 27, 2003 concert in Oslo, Norway.
I saw the same concert around the same time in Brussels, at the Kruidtuinlaan. I still have vivid memories of it and consider it one the best Residents shows that I ever saw.
The "Demonic" package includes a 2CD audio set, plus a seperate DVD. Part of the concert got broadcast on Norwegian TV and that's what's on the DVD.
Beautiful. Out of this world, as we say on my planet.

"Demonic!" is another limited edition. It's being sold by The Residents throught their ebay shop. In batches, so you need a bit of patience (and luck), but it's worth it.

Here's the album cover of the DVD:


And here's the most beautiful track of the lot, the hypnotising 'Wonderful'.
Nolan Cook on guitar !!


2 comments:

  1. It's another sad,sad day.I really don't know if I can take anymore.Yes it's my fault but not totally.I shouldn't rely on others when it comes to the real important things in life,But I am a wounded soul and all I really want is my very own copy of "Demonic w/DVD" included,I dont think it's too much to ask for.WHERE CAN I GET A COPY?!!! I need to restore my faith in mankind.Oh,time for my pills...........help me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ebay has one for £99,99 (Nov. 2019)...worth it? I only have the DBL CD; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Residents-Demonic-The-Residents-live-in-Oslo-limited-numbered-2cd-DVD/153693460227

      Delete