Monday, September 21, 2009

BILL EVANS - SOUL INSIDER


I got this album from my friend Till about a month ago. I listened to it for the first time when I drove from Hamburg to Bad Doberan, and it has been in and out of my CD-player ever since.
This is feel-good-music. Music that makes you feel good. It's a mixture of jazz, fusion and funk.

Bill Evans has played and recorded with Miles Davis, John McLaughlin's Mahavishnu Orchestra, and with Randy Brecker so I expected some 'classic' jazz or fusion stuff.
I couldn't have been more wrong. This is jazz, but mixed with some poppy p-funk. The first notes reminded me of Prince and Candy Dulfer, and that was just for starters.

"Soul Insider" offers some great, catchy tunes. They'll keep boppin' in your head all day long.
A nice surprise.

Check out Bill Evans' website for some musical snippets:

http://www.billevanssax.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment