Saturday, April 1, 2023

ZAPPA EVERY DAY

  • Zappa Every Day - A Fanzine Dedicated To The Music Of Frank Zappa
    by Flake
        (2023, book, --, floppo records)
I don't listen to Uncle Frank's music every day. There's too much other stuff to listen to and to enjoy.
And when I listen to FZ's music, it's often performed by other musicians or bands, as it's all part of the ongoing Others Of Invention project.
When I do consume some original Zappa Music, it's new material that's being released by the Zappa Trust, or, on the other hand, stuff that I've known since my teen years.

And that's why "Zappa Every Day" is an interesting concept.
Flake, who was not too familiar with FZ's music, has listened to one 'classic' album a day. For 30 days straight. And she wrote down her experience in "Zappa Every Day".

I've only went through her review of the first  couple of albums, but this is fun.
Great lay-out / artwork / production.
You may not actually learn something from this book, but you will enjoy reading it !



No comments:

Post a Comment