Thursday, September 30, 2021

ALBERT MARCOEUR

On the recommendation of one of my friends, I'm filling the gaps in my Albert Marcoeur album collection.
Early two thousand something, Albert re-issued most of his albums as beautiful series of digipack CDs.
In short, I'm not only filling gaps, I'm also replacing a couple of my older jewel case copies with these fine looking digipacks.
They look good, and they sound great.

Albert first couple of albums, "Albert Marcoeur" and "Album A Colorier", were released in 1974 and 1976. Next to Albert, the line-up featured his brothers Claude et Gérard among others.
Lots of great stuff. Reminds me a lot of the early Mothers ("Uncle Meat").

"Armes & Cycles" (1979) and "Celui Où Y'a Joseph" (1984) continued and developed in the same direction.

There's lots of great examples to be found on YouTube. Check them out !

To be continued.
Happy Marcoeur Day !







No comments:

Post a Comment