Tuesday, May 1, 2012

MARCEL COENEN - GUITARTALK


  • marcel coenen: guitartalk
    (2012, cd, uk, lion music)
"Guitartalk" is dutch guitar player Marcel Coenen's first solo album. Originally released independently in 1998, the album got noticed and re-released by the Lion Music label in 2003.
As it has been out-of-print for a while, fans of insturmental guitar music will be glad to hear that the album will get a limited edition digipack re-release, with a number of bonus tracks.
This is heavy stuff. If you're into instrumental, melodic guitar music, you should really check this out.
One of the bonus tracks is Marcel's reworking of the Dutch national anthem. Something he did for a guitar contest. I can't say that I'm familiar with the tune (I couldn't even whistle the belgian national anthem), but this is a quite funny rendition.

I like it.
www.lionmusic.com

Here's 'Moyra', one of my favourite tracks, followed by the 'Anthem'.


No comments:

Post a Comment