Monday, August 3, 2026

MICHAEL MOORE UNIVERSE QUARTET - LISTEN !

  • Michael Moore Universe Quartet: Listen !
        (2026, download / streaming, -, ramboy recordings)

Starting the day with the latest album by the Michael Moore Universe Quartet is always a pleasure. Reed master Michael Moore, a crucial component of the ICP Orchestra, has delivered another beautiful album, "Listen !".

Michael Moore's warm, melancholic alto saxophone tone, combined with Guillermo Celano's guitar lines are joy to listen to.

On the Bandcamp page, Michael adds:
The rather presumptious title, the 'Universe' quartet, has to do with it being an exploration of my universe. It's a repertoire band, these guys are ready and willing to play anything I give them, and I am grateful for that.
My intent is, rather than break new ground, to explore older forms and make enjoyable music.
The advantage of being DIY one's whole life is that you have total freedom from commercial pressures; I can follow my muse anywhere, and this is where it has taken me!

The result is a beautiful album.

Take the album title as a strong recommendation and "Listen !":

-- info: Danny Mathys

No comments:

Post a Comment